Sunday, November 13, 2005

National Mall as movie set

Right place, right time. Luck had me wandering around the National Mall this afternoon enjoying the National Art Galleries and the beautiful fall weather. Trying to make my way to the Hirshorn, I saw a large crowd of people, police cars, news vehicles, armed forces, etc. On closer inspection, lots of yellow police tape, fallen plane wreckage, and signs commemorating the "Patriot". I didn't think I was *that* out of touch with current events, but I didn't remember seeing a DC plane crash in the news. A quick call to my brother confirmed that.

Turns out they were filming a 5 second scene in the movie "The Visiting" starring Nicole Kidman. Shooting actually took almost 30 minutes, and no, she wasn't there, but she is lurking about in DC until the end of December.

Fake news vehicle

1 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Holly Golightly said...

yes, a few weeks back, there was some issue regarding metro b/c they were filming a scene where she jumps over the metro ticket receiver and metro said that they had to re-film it so that it looked like she still paid. yes, metro is prob'ly the most anal public transportation system around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home