Friday, September 16, 2005

Grace Incarnate

Friday afternoon, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, the happy working bees of downtown Washington DC were buzzing along as usual and I decided to step out for lunch. This you understand, was a momentous occasion for me as I hardly ever went out for lunch. Elevator, lobby, plaza, street, Potbelly’s……. between the lobby and the plaza something in the grand order of the cosmos winked, my kitten heel caught the cuff of my super chic red pintucked trousers, and I felt flat on my face.

Self, meet concrete.

My knees, already bruised from a weekend hiking trip to one of Virginia’s most scenic summits, met with a another brutal beating. Luckily nothing was broken, my hand received a minimal scraping, but my beautiful red pants were now sporting a gaping hole at the left knee and were unfortunately ruined. Several nice people rushed over to help me up. Thankfully no one was laughing, or else my pride would have been bruised as well. At least my sandwich turned out to be reliably tasty.

*sigh* Any one know of a good source of fun red pants?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home