Thursday, February 16, 2006

Self-awareness
***
My friend O introduced me to a personality mapping device called a Johari window. Similar to the gamut of personality tests that are used in the corporate world, the Johari window prompts you to enter a few descriptors on what you think of yourself. Additionally, it allows your friends and acquaintances to help paint a more thorough picture of who you project versus who you think you are on the inside. Often the two are very drasticly different. For example: I act like a tough old grump, but actually have a soft spot for stuffed animals, strawberry ice cream, and fresh cut flowers (even if they do die).

Awareness is always a good thing, help complete my profile.

***

It's not all sunshine and roses, the Johari also has a very realistic counterpart, the Nohari to improve inner faults as well.

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Maktaaq said...

I can't take the credit: Matt introduced me to this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home